Sunday 1 January 2012

Flowers still in my garden

When I wrote my last blog about four weeks ago reviewing plants still flowering in my garden during December, I had not expected that by Christmas Day and even by New Year's Day, there would still be a display of flowering attire in the borders. How stange to have my front door dressed for Christmas yet a pot of red pelargoniums from the summer is still managing to flower it's heart out nearby! I took all these photos on Boxing Day and have checked that everything is still in flower today, 1st January 2012.

Since my last post, there has been several heavy frosts in the garden but plants like my Agapanthus aficanus are still haning on; yes, maybe looking a bit worse for wear, but still in flower. A Christmas Day walk with the dog in nearby woods revealed a clump of small hazel trees which still had green leaves on as well as catkins starting to form. Extrodinary!


A quick list for the techies amongst you of flowers in my garden, including some plants not photographed:
Agapanthus africanus
Centranthus ruber
Cynara caradunculus 'Cardy' (in the green waiting to flower)
Helleborus x hybridus
Jasminium nudiflorum
Margueritte
Nigella damascena
Osteospurmum
Pelargonium: bedding, ivy leafed in hanging baskets and species
Primula vulgaris
Raspberries with fruit
Rose 'Blairii No. 2'
Salvia 'Mainacht'
Vinca major





 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment